Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sweltering Heat

Sweltering: suffering oppressive heat, characterized by oppressive heat; sultry.

Never before in my life have I thought that I could write the word sweltering. I don't think I ever fully understood the word until today. Sure, I've read it in books, thought it was a marvelous word for certain situations, even thought about praising whoever came up with it in the first place. However, today has put all of that in the past- except the thinking it is a marvelous word- for I, blendy, painted a room in a building without air conditioning and poor air circulation. Sweltering is probably the best word I could come up with for the day. I came home and proclaimed to my mother that I was officially the grossest person on the planet...I had the total and unshakable feeling of 'ick.' But have no fear, I have showered and now feel awesome! May you all feel as un-icky as I.

Later Days,
Blendy

No comments:

Post a Comment